Can't get 99% quality after exporting in the first time

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
kong_28

Can't get 99% quality after exporting in the first time

Post by kong_28 »

I export XAUUSD to MT4 alpari UK and I can back-test with 99% quality in the first time. After I close MT4, I launch MT4 via Tickstory again, but I got only 10% quality. How can I do to get 99% quality again ?

tickstory

Re: Can't get 99% quality after exporting in the first time

Post by tickstory »

Hi kong,

Sounds like MT4 is not being launched correctly on the second time for some reason. I would ensure that your FXT files are firstly labelled as 'read-only' so they don't get over-written. After this, further details would be needed to see if the problem can be reproduced. Are you using Windows 7?

Thanks..

kong_28

Post by kong_28 »

Hi

My FXT files in Alpari / tester / history folder are label as 'read only' , and I also use window 7. What should I do next ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kong_28,

The issue with the launcher is being investigated under Windows 7 (see http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142). When you say it works the "first time" - when is this? After a reboot? After closing down Tickstory? How do you get it to work again?

Thanks.

kong_28

Post by kong_28 »

Hi

It work when I finish exporting the data to MT4 and click launch. Afterward, I close my MT4 and click launch via Tickstory again, but this second time I can not get 99%.
I have to redo the process by exporting the same data to MT4 and then launch in order to get 99% quality again.
It would be better if I don't need to export the same data every time I close my MT4.

Thanks,

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kong_28,

Can you please check the following:

- That you are using the latest version of Tickstory (currently v0.8)
- That when you generate your MT4 export, you select the option 'Make FXT files read-only'.
- That you are launching MT4 with Tickstory at all times.

If you follow these steps, you should never have a situation where your FXT files are being over-written. If for some reason the launcher does not work correctly, the MT4 back-tester will report an error however your FXT will remain untouched and you should not need to regenerate it.

Please let us know how you go.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kong,

Check out the updated v0.8.1 which will hopefully address your issue:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopi ... 0455a#p407

Regards.

kong_28

Post by kong_28 »

Hi

I use version 0.8 and I check tester/history then check "read only" for every time frame. So, I don't have to reexport file anymore. Thank you *-*

Best Regards,
Kong