tick data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.

Re: tick data

Postby tickstory » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 am

Hi Elliot,

Please check out this thread on the same topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1536&p=7081

Thanks.
tickstory

Postby elliot_123 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 am

can you confirm this is correct. i installed mt4 on another hard drive. and made a shortcut in the folder with /portable. so when i exported it it said in mt4 my server was different or something. it said aafx is different from fxglory demo. so i went to the config file in roaming directory and changed it. it was in the dir tickstorylite. i ran the backtest on serena ea basic and no trades showed. i did get them to show on another mt4.

<Mt4Settings Mt4InstallDir="I:\fxglory mt4" ServerName="FXGlory-Demo Server"
BaseDataDir="C:\Users\Elliot\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\B592AE0CB1D51A758E4F8C307D11D8DE" LaunchCmdLineArgs="/portable" />
<GeneralSettings UsageInfo="" DisclaimerAccepted="true" LastRunDirectory="C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory\Tickstory.exe" />
elliot_123

Postby tickstory » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi Elliot,

Apologies for the delayed reply - we've been enjoying the new year's festivities ;)

Regarding the setttings, if you are working in portable mode, then your MT4 Data Folder (BaseDataDir in the settings) would need to be the same as your installation directory:

Code: Select all
<Mt4Settings Mt4InstallDir="I:\fxglory mt4" ServerName="FXGlory-Demo Server"
BaseDataDir="I:\fxglory mt4" LaunchCmdLineArgs="/portable" />
<GeneralSettings UsageInfo="" DisclaimerAccepted="true" LastRunDirectory="C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory\Tickstory.exe" />

Hope this helps.
tickstory

Previous

Return to General Discussion