Using previous Tickstory version with older MT4 terminal

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.

Using previous Tickstory version with older MT4 terminal

Postby Carabama » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello, I have questions about using previous MT4 versions for backtesting, because I bought Tickstory v1.6 and 1.7 and recent MT4s are not supported.

I found previous MT4 terminals on internet and I succeeded in creating a suggested patch allowing the old build 950 not to automatically update. It should be compatible with my old Tickstory version, and I also succeeded in exporting data to the terminal, and to launch it with Tickstory. So everything looks fine but...I am unable to have any chart/symbol at all on the terminal. And in the strategy tester I have zero choice in the pair to test, despite the .fxt files are in the correct folder for the EURUSD pair and that were correctly exported. I can see the products I purchased in the past in the Market section, but I can't download any of them again...

Will I be able to make backtest of EAs with this terminal at all, with exported data from Tickstory ? And is it even possible to use this terminal to see current charts ?

Thank you for your help !

Regards,
Richard
Carabama

Re: Using previous Tickstory version with older MT4 terminal

Postby tickstory » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:08 am

Hi Richard,

Due to the effort involved in supporting changing versions in MT4, we always would recommend upgrading so we can best assist you since we only test with the most recent versions.

If you would like to use the older version, the first step would be to make sure you can get show a chart on the screen without exporting from Tickstory.
It might be that downgrading from a more recent version is resulting in newer file formats not being recognized. Instead, you could try install a fresh terminal installation such as this and use a set of files to update it:

As you can appreciate, we can only provide limited support for you on this. If you are interested, as an existing license holder, we would be most pleased to offer you an upgrade discount. Note that upgrade prices are designed to be very nominal and allow us to cover costs in providing updates and support for you.

Hope this helps.
tickstory

Return to General Discussion