EA Optimization - Set all options to true or false?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.

EA Optimization - Set all options to true or false?

Postby LorraineP » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Hello,

My EA has multiple close options, and I want to run optimization to test them.

Questions:
1. So I know I need to check them all, but do I set all close options to true or false? (Close options Circled in red in screenshot)

2. The 4th close option (Close Profit Exit by Gray HA) is dependent on 3rd option (Exit by Gray HA) in order to work. So I'm assuming I need to back test this setting manually?

2. The true/false in column circled in yellow I can't seem to change. No drop down option. Why is that? Will it effect results?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 5.35.22 PM.png
LorraineP

Re: EA Optimization - Set all options to true or false?

Postby tickstory » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi LorraineP,

Unfortunately we can't really provide EA-specific support since we haven't written the EA and are unsure what all the options are for. Your best bet is to ask questions 1) or 2) to the EA vendor.
For 3), there are two possible combinations of a "true/false" setting, so what the optimizer is saying is that it will attempt to optimize both the true (Optimization 'Start' parameter) and the false (Optimization 'End' parameter) combinations. There are no other parameters to optimize so therefore there is nothing else to configure.

Hope this helps.
tickstory

Postby LorraineP » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Hello,

I guess I just need some Basic Optimization instructions for strategy tester. I have no clue how to use the optimization option.
LorraineP

Postby tickstory » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:22 am

Hi Lorraine,

Given that Metatrader is not our product, the best place for this or anything related to MT4 testing is the Metaquotes documentation. Here are some links that may assist:

https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading- ... timization
https://www.investopedia.com/university ... zation.asp

Hope this helps.
tickstory

Return to General Discussion