problem data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.

problem data

Postby sebfiesta » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:29 am

Hello,
I ve imported all Tickstory data History into MT4 and it was working perfectly (using portale mode)
Problem is after restarted PC, the MT4 startegy tester doesnnt find the tickdata files sand start to download the data from MT4 (using M1...)Do you knwo what could be the issue ?
Thanks
sebfiesta

Re: problem data

Postby tickstory » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 am

Hi Sebfiesta,

Perhaps you didn't launch in Portable mode in which case MT4 will automatically create a new data folder in your c:\users\(username) folder? You can double check that MT4 is using the correct data folder by going to File->Open Data Folder in MT4.

Hope this helps.
tickstory

Postby sebfiesta » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Probem is that I launched it in portable mode, but seems MT4 doesnnt recognise it anymore.
Do you know if it is possible to move the files that were correctly downloaded before ? So I dont have to download them again from the server.
Do you know under which folder TickStory store the data files (hts ? ) ?
Thanks
sebfiesta

Postby tickstory » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi Sebfiesta,

You can check to see if your FXT files still exist by going to File->Open Data Folder in MT4 and then browsing to tester/history. All the FXT/tick data file should exist here (the manual has more information about HST/FXT files as well).

When you say "it wont recognize it", I'm not sure what you mean? As long as you're getting 99% modelling quality, this is an indication that you are using the tick data correctly. If you are getting any other result, then this article in our FAQ should help you troubleshoot:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

Thanks.
tickstory

Return to General Discussion